Specialty Group Marketing
The role of the Publicist is to gain and to monitor media coverage for divisional titles, to manage the author and agent and their expections, and to collaborate with marketing, editorial, and sales teams, while being conscience of budgetary and time constraints. The primary and most important duties are but are not limited to:
1. Working with Marketing Directors, develops overall publicity strategy encompassing media relations, events, author relations and creative writing.
2. Develops newsworthy press releases, press kits and pitches to media and follow-up to garner media placements.
3. Tracks media activities and clippings using Cision or other PR monitoring software; updating sales force, authors, agents, and internal personnel weekly on hits and activities.
4. Cultivates contact with authors and agents, as well as internal team members that will best serve the project and the overall Thomas Nelson working relationship.
5. Manages the publicity budget, external public relations firms, and coordinating the activities of other personnel involved in each project.
6. Participates in the creative planning process for marketing campaigns, sales conference, events, and other programs/initiatives.
7. Partners with other publishing unit publicity teams and works on brand and group media programs.
8. Manages social media initiatives including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms as they relate to publicity efforts.
Preferred candidate will possess good oral and written communication skills; creative writing ability; event and travel planning experience; project management experience. Must also be team-oriented with a positive attitude. Knowledge of Christian publishing industry is desired but not required.
Desired candidate will have 3-5 years experience in a marketing or communications role. 3-5 years experience in publishing or entertainment-related publicity/marketing and 1-2 years Christian and national media pitching experience is desired but not required.
BA or BS in Public relations, Communications, Journalism or related field is required for this position.
Apr 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012
[ APPLY FOR POSITION | RETURN TO JOB LISTING ]
Copyright © 2013 Thomas Nelson, Inc. Privacy | Terms and Conditions | Give Us Your Feedback | Report a Problem